Historically, the height of wedding season falls between May and October. Warmer months bring with it longer days and beautiful weather. When it comes to your summer wedding reception, there are no limits to what you can or cannot do. Your love is meant to be celebrated how you two want. If you dream of having a furry four-legged ring bearer and food trucks, go for it. From Elvis officiating your ceremony to a Harry Potter-themed reception, the possibilities are endless!
If you find yourself rocking the engagement ring of your dreams, but have no idea how to start planning your reception, read on. We’ve gathered some of our hottest tips and ideas for your summer wedding to help get your creative juices flowing.
A Romantic Setting
With warmer weather, outdoor venues allow couples to exchange their vows in a naturally romantic setting. Planning an outdoor wedding can add a unique landscape, but also comes with its own challenges.
Here are a few things to consider for an outdoor wedding:
- Use the surroundings to your advantage. Design your altar, seating arrangements, and decor to enhance and compliment the beautiful backdrop.
- Sunlight will naturally illuminate your reception until sunset. Try to add some unique lighting arrangements, like hanging paper lanterns and fairy lights to keep the party going well into the night.
- Make sure to have backup plans. Some of the most common plans should include backup plans for rain, wind, or unexpected guests.
Treats for the Summer Palette
Planning the menu for your reception can also be challenging if you’re hosting it outdoors. Here are some tips and ideas:
- A traditional multi-course menu will always have its place at weddings. Today, some couples are deciding to forgo the sit-down dinner altogether and opting for buffet or cocktail style choices instead.
- While having a beautiful 5 tier cake may be picturesque, melting buttercream frosting won’t be. Instead, consider fondant as it can withstand heat better.
- Having a bar for blended drinks or milkshakes is a unique idea for any event and one you and your guests would really enjoy on a hot day.
An Evening to Remember
A wedding reception is the act of the newly wedded couple receiving the love of their friends and family, as well as their embrace for their guests. Here at Alberta Diamond Exchange, we love to hear stories about unique reception ideas. Send us your stories and photos of your wedding reception and decor!